Monday, February 27, 2012

Candlemas

Well, I managed to get all of the items I was working on for Candlemas complete. Teresa was very happy with her new apron dress. Angie was thrilled with the Ghawazee coat, she might get to even wear it a few more times, before it's too big. She's lost 40 pounds and is still going. So the plan is to start yet more new garb for her, in a smaller size. I think we'll sell the stuff that is too big if I can't adjust it. Margaret was thrilled that I completed her gold silk kimono (construction done, embroidery needs finishing) she did manage to stain it 1st time out. But it can be covered with more embroidery, so no real harm there. Dave needs new pants, his current pair of Thorsburg trousers are pulling apart in the seam. I've decided I need to finish the head-dresses I was making for Angie and myself. It's been over a year since I touched them. I had the chance to talk to fiber peoples over the weekend and got some pointers. Looks like I will be attempting to tension Norse clothing with a frame for the purposes of the tablet woven trim.  Dave's keeping his eye out for a deal on a book that was recommended 'Woven into the Earth'. I'm also planning on starting a new tunic or two for Dave. Hopefully I will get to start those on Friday. I will be using the russet linen I bought for him. We have several events coming up and it would be nice for everyone to have something "new" to wear.

No comments:

Post a Comment