Sunday, February 19, 2012

Weekend Post

I did not get a whole lot done yesterday. But I did manage to complete the next two panels for Margaret's Obi. They look like this:
Look, I added a bird!  I figured I had to add something other than flowers, to save my sanity if nothing else. Plus I'll get to use a different style of stitches.
I almost added bees to the second one. But I do not have a design for them I like at the moment. So this one is just flowers. I may do another bird or two in upcoming panels.











So far today i have cut Margaret's new nagajuban (under-kimono). I'm glad I thought to check color combinations before I started though, because her current kimono is orange and it's early spring. So she got green; I didn't have enough of any other color that was appropriate.  I still need to make her a new hadajuban and susoyoke (undershirt and skirt) her last ones seem to have disappeared. I think I have just enough white left to get them both done. Fortunately those will only take a day to make. I should have the nagajuban done yet tonight. I think the worst part of sewing kimono is that it looks like you're almost done and you're only a third of the way through the instructions. I haven't figured out if the obi she's got is the right color, but I know I don't have time to do anything about it. But now that I've posted regarding what I'm up to, I have to get back to doing. More tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment